A mini ball valve regulates the flow of high-pressure liquids or gases through a rotary ball. By rotating the ball 90 degrees, it is possible to control the medium to flow. The good thing is that its opening and closing are easy, and hence, it is prevalent in the oil industry.
What’s more, a mini ball valve offers reliable sealing throughout its self-life and thus works for a great deal of time. Given its obvious advantage, mini ball valves are applied in some cramming fluid passages where valves of normal size cannot enter, which is why the oil industry, which places smooth fluid flow as a top consideration.
Essentially, a mini ball valve consists of five main components. While its valve stem connects with the valve ball, operable either automatically or manually, its valve seat and O-rings support and seal its valve ball. All these parts reside inside the valve housing, and the valve ball has a hollow hole that opens up upon the turning of the valve a quarter-turn, paving the fluid flow through. Inversely, when it is closed, its fluid flow is prevented from going through.
Properties of the Mini Ball Valve
Here are the properties of the mini ball valves that make them a perfect fit for the oil industry.
- Compact Structure
The size of a mini ball valve is compact; therefore, it allows it to get used conveniently in confined and small spaces. It proves helpful, especially when it comes to specific pipework projects that cannot afford larger ball valves. At the same time, it can endure a range of diverse environments and mechanical conditions, owing to the design construction of the mini ball valve.
- Air-Tight Seal
A mini ball valve is reliable since it offers an air-tight seal when it is turned off. Thanks to the given fact, the mini ball valve is usually a valve of choice in several pipeline applications. More importantly, wearing and tearing the packing seal of the valve stem is difficult since its ball valve stem rotates with no axial movement. While it requires less maintenance than other valve types, it also tends to be relatively lightweight, making it suitable for convenient installation.
- Corrosion and Chemicals-Proof
A mini ball valve is reliably deployable in low-boiling liquid and corrosive media as it does not get stuck during work without lubricant. Also, the valve seat and the sealing pair of the ball do not succumb to scratches, wear and tear, and other debacles. The presence of the built-in valve stem structure curtails the potential accidental risk that the valve stem may fly out. Plus, the fire-resistant system of the ball valve is appropriate for pipelines that help transport natural gas and oil.
Features of Union Metal’s Mini Ball Valves
Following a discussion of the precise meaning of the mini ball valve, as well as its functions, operating principle, and the standard properties it ought to have, it is time to introduce you to an exceptional provider by the name of Union Metal.
This company manufactures and supplies high-quality valves at reasonable prices for various applications, including the oil industry, and they have a strong reputation for doing so. In this vein, let’s look at the many characteristics of Union Metal’s mini ball valves.
- When compared to various other kinds of valves, the mini ball valves offered by Union Metal feature the lowest flow resistance possible.
- Since it does not stick during operation even when no lubrication is present, it may be successfully deployed in hostile environments such as low-boiling liquids, which is especially true in the oil industry.
- Because it is lightweight and has compact construction, it is the valve structure that makes the most sense for a low-temperature medium system.
- Complete sealing is achievable in a variety of pressure and temperature.
- The working medium is reliably sealed on both sides.
- The sealing surface does not erode when the medium passes through the valve at high speed. The reason is that the medium is isolated from the sealing surfaces of the valve seat and the ball when fully open and fully closed.
- Other characteristics include the stainless steel material, blow-out-proof stem, facilitating oil, gas, water, or any other corrosive medium, and working pressure and temperature ranges of 1.6-6.4 MPa and -40~180℃, respectively.
For the oil industry, which should be deployed with piles of passages in different sizes for liquid delivery, mini ball valves are a good helper for special situations. Then, after acknowledging the role of mini ball valves in the oil industry, choosing the proper supplier can be a headache.
Well, head down to Union Metal. We offer a range of stainless steel mini ball valves, such as mini ball valves (M-F), mini ball valves (M-M), and mini ball valves (F-F). These stainless steel valves require low maintenance compared to other valve types in the market. What sets them apart is their ability to withstand high pressures, which are affordable and convenient for most industrial applications.